Lots has been happening around the Liles' household...Milestones I like to call them.
Milestone 1) Believe it or not, but our house is finished!!! Well, almost. I shouldn't get so excited just yet, as our backyard is being dug up and re-graded. This will allow all the water to drain properly, thus, relieving the water that is close to the back of the house. They assure us that once this is done the house will settle back down and be where it should be....keep your fingers crossed! But it is with GREAT happiness that I say the inside of my house is, well....brand new! New tile throughout (450 sq. ft.) the downstairs. New granite on the fireplace where the marble once was. Our molding has been re-painted throughout the downstairs and our walls repainted too! Yes, all those little dirty hand prints....GONE!! We are happy to have everything back in it's place and looking like it did when we bought the house 5 years ago...whew...what a pain in the A@% this has been!
Milestone 2) Our "little cupcake", as we so affectionately call Addyson, turned 1...can you believe it? I am still not quite use to it. It seems like just yesterday they were placing her in my arms for the first time. (sniffle, sniffle) Addyson had a wonderful birthday, and pictures will be coming soon, so check back!
Milestone 3) Two days after the aforementioned first birthday, Addyson took her first steps. And then on day three after the birthday she took off and has not slowed down. We now call her Frankenstein...affectionately, of course...you will understand when you see the pictures. I do have some video that I will try and post, but I am not sure if it will work or not.
Milestone 4) Will happen in about 8 minutes. My sweet baby girl, Bryleigh will be 4 years old. Again, where has the time gone?
Tonight at dinner we told her we would take her to eat anywhere she wanted to go for her birthday. Her reply "I think I'll choose Chuck E. Cheese!" Well...good thing it is a weekday...daddy despises this place! But I am sure he will take one for the team...or his little princess, rather. After dinner we will be taking Bryleigh to get her first pet. No, not a dog, but a fish! She has been wanting a dog, but after a recent stay at the Dickson's we found out that Bryleigh may be allergic to dogs. She immediately started sneezing and was congested after about 5 hours on our first day there. I am going to have her tested, but it looks like having a dog is out of the question...but a fish? Hey, I am all for that...can you say LOW MAINTENANCE!!! I have done some research and it seems like a Beta Fish is our best option. They tend to live longer than other species, and having her first pet die and go to "sewer heaven" is something I would like to avoid as long as possible!
Milestone 5) Mama is going back to work!! Bryleigh's Mother's Day Out Program was looking for a teacher for their infant/toddler class, so I offered my assistance. I know, toddlers? But think of it this way. I am getting paid to watch my own child!! Yes, I will be teaching Addyson's class. It's a win, win...I get paid and get a discount in tuition! WHOOOOHOOOO!
So, our lives are moving along quite nicely, albeit a little faster than I like. I can't believe I am a mother to two of the most amazing children in the world, who are now 4 and 1 years old. I am extremely proud to be called Scott's wife and Bryleigh and Addy's mom!
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment