Can you believe it? Our "little cupcake" is one year old! I had known this day would come, but no matter how much you prepare yourself you are never ready when your baby turns one. Time really does fly, as cliche as that may sound...it's true! Blink your eyes and they are one, blink again and they are 18....if anything, I have learned to cherish EVERY moment with BOTH my girls....so far, we have had some pretty amazing "moments"!Okay...enough of the sappiness!!! Addyson's birthday theme was "cupcake"...hhhmmm...imagine that! It was absolutely adorable and we had a wonderful time with our family and close friends!
The cake was definitely the "main attraction", after Addy, of course. A friend of mine, Ginny Diaz, made this amazing cupcake cake and it was delicious! It was the perfect centerpiece to a very cute table!
her first "sugar high", if you will. But, much to her dismay, that is not how it went...not right away anyhow. I got about 1 foot away from her and paused to let everyone finish singing Happy Birthday. Wrong thing to do...she was not happy that she was having to wait and this is the look she sat with until the completion of the song. It was Ginny even made a miniature cupcake cake for Addyson to have. You can't see it in the picture but imagine this: I put a candle in the cake and everyone starts singing Happy Birthday...Addyson eyes me with this mound of sugar and immediately gets excited. She knows that at any moment I will set that down in front of her and she will get to "dig in" experiencingsooo funny. Boy is she ever like her daddy....I-M-P-A-T-I-E-N-T!!!!Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Addyson!
No comments:
Post a Comment