Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A glimpse into the future...maybe...hopefully...

We have always encouraged our girls to help us out. For example, I always have them help me push the clothes into the dryer. They love doing that, but for some reason it stops there. Well...Bryleigh does love to "wash" the back door window. Give her a spray bottle and she will clean it all day! But these things have to be their ideas. If you ask them do help you, it is a prompt NO.
Well a couple of days ago I was doing laundry and there was a load that just came out of the dryer that had been placed on the chair in the living room. Bryleigh walks in and announces "I am going to fold these clothes for you!" I almost strained a muscle in my neck as fast as I turned it around to make sure I heard correctly...and I did. There she was taking each piece of clothing and folding it perfectly, according to her standards, which was amazingly good!
So...if she is willing to fold laundry at 4, what can I get her to do by the time she is 6...mop?

No comments: