Saturday, April 17, 2010

UPDATE: Furniture complete...minus paint!

IT'S DONE! Well...almost. Let's say the building is done!

This has been a very rewarding process and to see it almost done is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you to Ana at www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com for her amazing plans and step by step instructions. I suggest you go to her site before you go and buy a piece of furniture. I will not buy another piece before seeing if I can build it. Who woulda thought, right?

So...my first intention was to build a piece a weekend. Well...life happened and of course I found myself wanting more than just one piece at a time. Over the past several weeks, I have built a few pieces a day, with the amazing help of a friend! (How some people do this by themselves is something I have not figured out yet). Tuesday we finished the last three 4 hole cubbies...YAY!!!

I plan to start painting next week and hopefully will be posting the finished product next weekend! So exciting!!!!

For now, here is the latest picture. Again, please disregard the "junk" in our garage and also, as a side note, there will be backs on the 4 hole cubbies, but to make painting easier they are going on after the paint has been applied!

Oh yea...for those who are interested...my cost up to this point is $193.21!!! This is comparable to the Cameron Wall System from Pottery Barn Kids. Made out of the same materials. You still have to put there system together on your own and the cost??? $1399.00!!!



Our cubby system that I built with my own two hands!
I can't wait to show you how it turns out! So be sure you check back next weekend!

No comments: