Sunday, August 16, 2009

Attitude already....

Bryleigh had her 5th Birthday party yesterday (photos to come soon) and now thinks she is "big" even thought she is not officially 5 until Thursday. All of the sudden this attitude came to her over night...here is a conversation that I overheard this morning...

Setting...upstairs in Addyson's room picking up books.

Scott: "Bryleigh, please take these books to your room and put them on your bookshelf."
Bryleigh: "Dad, those aren't mine! Those are for babies!"
Scott: "Bryleigh, I bought you that book, so it is yours, go put it up."
Bryleigh: "This is not my book! I am big now! I am 5!" as she rolled her eyes and walked away.

I had to stifle a laugh because, I , in no way condone this type of back talk, but it was funny! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a long journey between us and her, one that will surely end with her hating us until she graduates from High School.....

Now I know what my mom went through!

No comments: