I didn't know what to expect this morning from Bryleigh, as she is NOT a morning person. This is a trait she gets from me...we need our sleep!!! But she went to bed last night at 8:00 pm and this morning at 6:45 am when I woke her up this is what she said...
Me: "Baby girl, it's time to get up."
Bryleigh: "It's early!" (pulls covers over her head)
Me: "I know, but today is your first day of Kindergarten!"
After this statement she jumps up and is ready to go downstairs. As we come downstairs she asked me "Where's daddy? Is he at work already?" To which I replied, "No, honey, he is still in bed." She looked at me and said, "How come he gets to be in bed when I have to be awake!"
Good question!!!
So after she ate breakfast, we got her dressed and ready to pose for tons of pictures...here are a few that were good!
Bryleigh at home right before we left for her first day of school!
Bryleigh at home right before we left for her first day of school!
Bryleigh at her desk in Ms. Hurlburt's class...ready to start the day!So, as hard as it was to see my little girl make that "transition" to "big" girl, I know it is a must! She will do great and make new friends and for that I am thankful. But today, just for a little bit, I will cry my tears of sadness for my baby is starting school, and tears of happiness for she has an incredibly bright future ahead of her!

No comments:
Post a Comment