When I was young, I can remember being in girl scouts, a "brownie" to be exact. There are pictures floating around on Facebook even now, 27 years later. I loved it, the selling of cookies, troop meetings with friends and spending days at camp. Fun times.
Naturally, I wanted Bryleigh to be a part of this and when the word spread that they were going to form a troop from girls in her grade at school, we immediately signed her up!
We had our first troop meeting a few weeks back and it was so cute watching the girls go through the "pin ceremony" and receiving their official daisy pin. They even earned three badges that evening by setting goals for cookie sales, goals for the troop and learning the girl scout pledge!
She was super excited and had so much fun! We are now full fledged in the middle of cookie sales and it is going great. We have done a "booth sale" at our local Blockbuster Video and I was so surprised at how engaging the girls were. Asking ever so politely, "Would you like to by a box of cookies?" and even saying, "Thank you" when they were turned down! Manners...I love 'em!
Here is a pic of Bryleigh before our first meeting. Her cute little vest now has two pins and three new badges since this picture and I foresee a lot of ironing in my future!
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment