It is tradition at Colin Powell Elementary that every week a different class gets to help with the morning announcements. This week was Mrs. Hurlburt's turn and boy were the kiddos excited! I have been, for the past two weeks, going up to the school every afternoon to practice their lines. Each child has one or two lines that they say during the announcements and it is easier for them to memorize them, as some children are quite reading well enough to read them off of the script.
This morning Bryleigh was super excited and couldn't wait to get to school. Along with practicing at school we have been saying our lines every morning at breakfast and this is what her two lines were...
"Please stand for our National Anthem." and "We will now pause for our moment of reflection"
She had it down pat...no problems!
Now, Bryleigh is my shy child...not too big on having any extra attention drawn to her and also not a rule breaker. You tell her to do something and she will do it EXACTLY the way you instructed her to....a perfectionist, so I figured she would go into Mrs. Jones office and say her lines and be done. Well...much to my amazement she decided to add a few extra words to her lines!
Yes, she said, "Please stand for our National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner!" I laughed so hard! She was very proud of herself, as she came out and said, "Mama...did you hear what I said? I thought it sounded better that way!"
Ahhh...my little rule breaker!
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment