Monday, March 30, 2009

A lesson in Bluebonnets

Today the girls and I were driving to downtown Dallas to pick up my Britney Spears concert tickets, that I must say is going to be a blast, when Bryleigh discovered the bluebonnets on the side of the road. If you have never been in the DFW area this time of year it is beautiful! They line all the major highways!! Here is how the conversation went:

Bryleigh: "Mom, what are all these flowers?"
Me: "They are bluebonnets, do you know what they are?"
Bryleigh: "Yea, flowers!"
Me: "Yes, but did you know that they are the state flower?"
Bryleigh: "No!"
Me: "That is why there are so many on the sides of the road. You can't pick or mow them!"
Bryleigh: "What happens if you do?"
Me: "Well, you would probably be in trouble."
Bryleigh: "What if you picked one when no one was looking?"

I was stumped...what do you say? Really, you WOULDN'T be in trouble if no one was looking...I just replied:

Me: "Well...we just don't pick them..."

And left it at that....Oh the wonder of a 4 year old mind!

No comments: