Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Major "Boo Boo"

A couple of weeks ago, Addyson had her first major incident. She and Bryleigh were playing in the dining room under the table (which had become their "hiding place") when Bryleigh jumped up and ran into the living room. Addyson, thinking she is just as big and can do everything that her sister can, jumped up to only to slip and land head first in our foyer on the tile. I was upstairs and to me it sounded like someone had broken a bone. Scott, who was just around the corner in the kitchen came running at the sound of the "hurt scream". At first glance she was fine, we thought maybe her hand hitting the tile is what made the loud noise, but oh were we mistaken. By the time it took me to get downstairs (ummm, like 4 seconds) this is what appeared. A huge, red and purple bump. I kid you not, it was the size of a golf ball. I was freaking out!!! I immediately called Megan, my BFF who happens to be a nurse, and asked all the typical questions...Do we need to go to the ER? "No"...Does she have a concussion? "Is she acting loopy, No....then "No"...Is she going to have brain damage? Okay, maybe I didn't ask that question, but that is how I felt!
I have seen kids bump their head and get a little bump or bruise, but this seemed HUGE! After talking to my mom, who is also a nurse, I settled down and watched her for about an hour and a half, making sure she wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.
She was fine and the next day you would have never known anything happened to her. It was bruised for a couple of days, and she would be the first to point and say "boo boo", but she went right along playing...acting like she was superwoman...who knows, maybe she is!

No comments: