Tonight about 8:30, I received a phone call from my niece, Presleigh, asking me if I would go "forking" with them tonight. Since I had heard this term and had the process explained to me a few months ago, I happily agreed...
For those of you who don't know, let me explain. I must first start off by saying this made me feel really old....back in "my day" we went toilet papering someones house...boy have the times changed! ( or maybe I just grew up in a really small town where we weren't this creative!)
So the idea behind "forking" is quite simple. You buy a bunch of plastic forks (white is most effective) and you go and stick them all in the person's yard. Tonight, the girls wrote a big "HI" in the front yard of Presleigh's boyfriend. If you want to be really "bad" you break off the handles so that they are impossible to dig out of the ground...but I learned you don't do that...most people "fork" a friends house for fun.
It was fun to see how scared/excited they were and brought back memories of my 7th grade year, when I had a slumber party and my mom took us toilet papering. We had the time of our lives and really thought we were "breaking the law!"
I wonder what the new trend will be when Bryleigh reaches this age...whatever it is, I am sure I will be driving her around!
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment