Bryleigh started Pre-K last week and is loving it!! Well, this week all the "extras" started...Stretch -n-grow, music, chapel and Spanish. They have SNG and Music on Monday's and Chapel and Spanish on Wednesdays. This is always a topic of conversation at the dinner table on these days, as Bryleigh loves all the activities they do.
So last night, Wednesday, was no different. We sat down to eat dinner and Bryleigh started talking about her day. The conversation went like this...
Me: "So, what did you do today at school?"
Bryleigh: "We had Spanish today!"
Dad: "What did you learn?"
Bryleigh: "We learned how to talk on the phone in Spanish." (My immediate thoughts were that the Spanish teacher can read my mind, being we are trying to teach phone etiquette at home.)
Mom: "How do you answer the phone in Spanish?"
Bryleigh: " Hola!"
Mom/Dad: "Great job!"
Bryleigh: "Now we are going to play a game. We are going to play I spy with my little eye in Spanish! I spy with my little eye something rojo!"
As you can imagine, Scott and I both looked at each other wide eyed, either because we were amazed or because we were terrified that our 4 year old daughter may know more Spanish than both of us combined. I better dig way back into the memory bank to remember those 2 years of Spanish classes that I took!
Don’t Stop When You’re Tired
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment