Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 36 Dr.'s visit

Well we made it another week...yes, this is a good thing! I am 36.5 weeks which is 1.5 weeks longer than I went with Bryleigh...We had our minds made up that Addyson would come early, but so far she is happy where she is...the warm confines of my belly! I am HUGE and uncomfortable...sleep is something that I can only day dream about, but I guess my body is preparing me for all the sleepless nights I am about to have. Yesterday was a good day...I had more energy than I have had in a while...even went to the mall, if you can believe it. Anyway...I had my visit this morning with Dr. Patton and everything looks good. Baby Addyson is growing and her breathing and heart rate are great. We got a really good shot of her sweet little face and she is resembling Bryleigh more and more...we are anxious to see her cute little face! I had the Strep B swab done today too...no biggie...just a little swab "down there" to see if I have the virus that many, many women have. This was new to me, since we didn't make it this far with Bryleigh. While she was "down there" she asked if I would like her to check me and I was happy to have her do it. I knew I was at 1cm dilated from our hospital visit 2 weeks ago and was anticipating the same answer, but to our surprise I am dilated to a 3!!!! YEAH!!! She said that my cervix is "favorable" too...which for all of you who don't know that is a good thing. She said I could be holding my little bundle of joy as early as this weekend....that is exciting, but not near as exciting as knowing I am already at a 3 and can have an epidural at a 4...WOOOHHHOOO!!! Finally we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel....hopefully next time I blog it will be with a picture of our latest creation!!! Thanks again to all of your for your thoughts and prayers, we are truly blessed!

No comments: