Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The best part of cooking with mommy is...



...getting to lick the beaters afterwards! We were having company over and I was making a pound cake and Bryleigh decided she would like to help. We had soooo much fun pouring the sugar and mixing in the butter, cracking the eggs and adding the buttermilk, but little did I know she had other plans in mind. Just as soon as I turned off the Kitchen Aid she asked "Can I lick?" I removed the beater and handed it to her, just as Scott walked in from work. She was nice enough to share with him, being this is his favorite cake I bake. Later on that evening I was whipping the cream for our cake and strawberries and once again the noise of the mixer brought her to the kitchen, only this time after getting the beater she went and hid behind the couch...I guess whipped cream is just too good to share with daddy.

No comments: