As this year started I noticed a lot of people challenging themselves and I thought...hmmmm...maybe I should get in on this.
First, I stumbled across a blog of a girl who is challenging herself to read 104 books in 365 days...WOW...that's about 2 books per week, but I love to read. While I am not going to commit to reading 104 books this year, I am keeping a list of all the books that I DO read this year.
Books read to date: 6
Second, I finally decided I have got to get healthy!! I think all the "chubby cheeks" comments have finally hit me, thanks Addy Beth! After entertaining the idea of the HCG diet, for ummm a second, I decided Weight Watchers was my best bet! I have done this in the past and had success, but just never stuck with it. They have a new plan now that is SUPER easy to follow and so I am on my weight loss journey...one that is going to be 50 LBS!!!! Yes, you read right...5-0...really? The mind is a funny thing, because when I look at myself in the mirror I don't ever think, "Emily, you need to lose 50 lbs." It's more like, "This looks fine, whew, thank goodness for elastic!!" Well, I got a rude awakening when I stepped on the scale for the first time...eeeekkkkk!!!
Weight loss to date: 4 lbs.
The next challenge opportunity came to me via my BFF Megan. We had tossed around the idea of doing the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk last year and that quickly ended up being tossed right into the "not now" basket, but this year? Why not! I am already trying to get healthy by losing weight, why not add a intense training regime to help? I am super excited to be doing this AND doing it with my BFF!!! We have started our training, which right now is not too bad. It will get tough, but when I think about that, I can't help but think about all those who have actually gone through worse than me, who are continuing to go through something that I can't even to begin to imagine.
60 miles.
I can do that.
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment