Bryleigh had her first karate class Thursday night and she LOVED it! They don't like for the parents to go in and watch since the kids seem to pay better attention when their aren't like 100 parents watching them, so I didn't get to take any pictures. They do have "family nights" and when that happens, yes, I will be THAT mom...you know, the one that is so ridiculous and takes a million pictures...yep that will be me.
Since I spent 45 minutes in the lobby I was anxious to hear all about what they did. Bryleigh sometimes isn't one to just spill it...so I didn't know if I would get anything other than, "It was good mom."
Oh was I wrong.
She immediately came home and starting "teaching" Addyson all her moves. The "ready stance", "horse saddle", and a few other weird named poses...what it is with karate and their language? Weird.
The one thing that I LOVED was that she said they were not allowed to talk and had to scream "Yes Ma'am" and "Yes Sir" when spoken to. Now, Bryleigh is a very well mannered child...when it comes to everyone but her parents...those little phrases are ones that I have to drag out of her.
Maybe I need to make up a weird language with poses to get her use Yes ma'am at our house....any suggestions?
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment