Well, we have officially hit the 6 week mark for school...yes, the FIRST 6 weeks has already blown by...whew! it's been a busy one!
Here are a few things that have been going on in the Liles' household.
Scott...He is doing fabulous and is the most amazing and supportive husband I know! His "duties" have tripled with me going back to school. He is by himself for 2 nights out of the week to do everything from dinner to bath to bedtime routines, and he is a seasoned pro! Not to mention, he has taken a part time "gig" at Nokia Theatre. He was thrilled with someone mentioned that he would be able to get paid to watch all the concerts he goes to anyway...no brainer! Us girls are very lucky to have such an amazing man in our lives and he sets a very high standard for those boys that are to come into Bryleigh and Addy's life down the road!
Emily...Let's just say I have learned a HUGE lesson in time management. That could be the reason why there have not been any post lately...can't fit into my schedule! I am back in school two nights a week and about to have a class every Wednesday from 8a-12p...thank goodness this is only a four week class!! I am the room mom for Bryleigh's Kinder class, so I am up at the school a couple of times a week, but I love it! Bryleigh's elementary school is wonderful!!! Her teacher is fabulous and we couldn't be prouder to have her where she is...all that worrying this summer was for nothing! I am also knee deep in my provisional year with the Dallas Junior League. I am very blessed to have been nominated to join this group of women. To be able to volunteer and help in many, many different areas of the community is soooo rewarding! I also play Bunco once a month and somewhere in the midst of all this chaos find time to cook dinner, do homework and spend quality time with my family, which is the most important job I have. It is absolutly the most crazy time of our lives, but it is OUR lives and we wouldn't trade it for anything!
Bryleigh...is just wonderful! She is love, love, loving school. She is doing wonderful and has made 100's on all of her spelling tests (this is the only thing that actually has a number grade on it)! She is making check pluses on everything else too! We will not get report cards this first 6 weeks, as every parent has a teacher conference to discuss the progress their child is making..ours is tomorrow so I will be letting you know! She is very eager to do her best and is a bit of a perfectionist...she comes by that naturally! She is excited to do her homework and is learning to read...a part I am most excited about...I can't wait for the day when the two of us can go into the local bookstore and buy a book together!!! Scott and I always knew Bryleigh was a bright and sweet little child, but hearing it from her teacher is the best!
Addyson...is just Addy. She is a hoot! She also loves going to "school" (her MOD program) two days a week. She thinks that she is just as old as Bryleigh because she has a backpack and lunch box. On the days she is home with me it is special...just to have her here...by herself. I have learned so much about my baby girl! She is very lovable, but most of all FUNNY....a trait she gets from her father. She loves to be the center of attention and make everyone laugh! But on the flip side she is our little rebel. Where Bryleigh is a rule follower, Addy is a rule breaker...we definitely have our hands full with this one...watch out world!!!
So..that is us in a nutshell...I apologize now for the lack of postings..but hopefully I will be able to squeeze some time in for this a little more often....I do have TONS of pictures to post, so stay tuned for that!
Love to all...
The Liles Four
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment