
Scott, Emily & Bryleigh are proud to announce the birth of Addyson Elizabeth! Yes, she finally decided to make her grand entrance on July 21st at 3:03 am! Mommy and baby are doing great considering the "trouble" we went through. I went into labor at 6:00 pm on Friday the 20th. After the very LONG (tons of traffic) trip to the hospital we discovered that my water had in fact broken, but I was only dilated to 3 cm's. This is fine, but the contractions were INTENSE to say the least....not like with Bryleigh. Once we got into our L&D room I was in horrible pain. The contractions were coming every minute and lasting 30 - 45 seconds...OUCH! I asked for my epidural, only to be told that it would take over an hour to get it because they had to run blood work and such....I opted for some Stadol in the meantime, which is for the birds!!! Once I got my epidural I was dilated to a 7 and it was only 45 minutes later that I was a 10 and ready to push. I started pushing and pushed, and pushed....for 2.5 hours. Addyson was not coming!!! The doctor said that she had not moved at all and was not even in the birth canal...still too high. We had to do a c-section at the last minute due to her heart rate decelerating...overall everything turned out good, just not like I had planned. We are very happy and excited to have her here healthy and safe. She weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and was 18 inches long. Bryleigh is loving being a big sister and thinks she is just the greatest! Thanks to all who were there and for all the calls and e-mails...Prayer works!
No comments:
Post a Comment