As I got to thinking about this snake skin that had shown up in our yard, I wondered...If there is this skin, where is the snake that it belongs to?? Scary! So, for the next couple of days Scott would come home and look around the yard for anything unusual, as in round and long and slithering...
On a Wednesday evening Scott was grilling out in the back yard, I was fixing the sides inside and Bryleigh was out side playing when all of the sudden I hear this loud screaming voice running towards the back door. I thought Bryleigh had been hurt, but once I could decipher her words I knew otherwise. She had seen a snake. Scott ran over there and low and behold there was a itsy bitsy baby snake slithering away. Again, the question of where is the momma snake? Is this the same one that belongs to the missing skin? Scott disposed of the baby snake and all was well.
Until Friday....
The girls and I are eating lunch at the kitchen table and out of the corner of my eye I see something move. I look out the back door and there it is! A HUGE (by my standards) snake crawling into the drainage holes in our retaining wall. I jumped up and screamed "SNAKE!" and Bryleigh yells..."Call daddy!!" I get on the phone and call Scott who just so happens to be around the corner and tell him we have found the mother snake! After about 30 minutes of poking and prodding, with the help of our friend Greg, this is what we captured. YYYYUUUCCCKKKK!!! I totally despise snakes! And really hope this is the last one we see, although I know until they are done building around us that is just a dream....
No comments:
Post a Comment