Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why buy valentine cards when you can make them...


here's why...I thought it would be a good idea to get creative with Bryleigh and let her make her own Valentine Day cards for her friends in her class at school. I was excited to get my "creative juices" flowing and Bryleigh was excited to get to color. She waited patiently as I cut out heart shaped cards from card stock, which took a bit longer than I expected. Finally, it was time for her to color and decorate her cards...I thought she would enjoy this...not really. She didn't want to use red, pink and purple...she wanted to use, let's just say, not so pretty colors. When I told her we had to use other ones, she threw a fit and didn't want anything to do with it. After a bit of persueding I finally got her to make a few marks on the cards. Overall they turned out cute and everyone enjoyed them, but next year I will be making a quick trip to Walgreens!

No comments: